Sweet Potato and Apple Pork Chops
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 3 oz. pork chops
- 1½ and ⅓ cups of apple juice
- Brown rice (amount desired)
- 3 apples
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in a skillet, add 1½ cups of apple juice, cover and begin cooking on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- While the pork chops and rice finish cooking, quickly peel the apples and sweet potatoes. After 10 minutes, flip the pork chops, cover and finish cooking over medium heat for about 12 more minutes.
- Cut the peeled apples (less the core) and sweet potatoes into large chunks, place in a microwave safe bowl, add ⅓ cup of apple juice or ¼ cup of water, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, carefully uncover the apples and sweet potatoes, stir (ensure each piece is coated with juices). Cover, microwave on high for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve one pork chop, ¼ of the rice, topped with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, and ¼ of the apples and sweet potatoes on each plate.
Tip: Try serving fruits topped with yogurt at dinner for a light dessert.