Sweet Potato and Apple Pork Chops
- 4 3 oz pork chops
- 1 1/2 and 1/3 cups of apple juice
- Brown rice (amount desired)
- 3 apples
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of water
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place 4 pork chops (each should be about 3 oz.) single layered, in a skillet, add 1 1/2 cups of apple juice, cover and begin cooking on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- While the pork chops and rice finish cooking, quickly peel 3 apples and 2 medium sized sweet potatoes.
- After 10 minutes, flip the pork chops, cover and finish cooking over medium heat for about 12 more minutes.
- Cut the peeled apples (less the core) and sweet potatoes into large chunks, place in a microwave safe bowl, add 1/3 cup of apple juice or 1/4 cup of water, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, carefully uncover the apples and sweet potatoes, stir (ensure each piece is coated with juices). Cover, microwave on high for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve one pork chop, 1/4 of the rice, topped with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 of the apples and sweet potatoes on each plate.
- Try serving fruits topped with yogurt at dinner for a light dessert.