- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream, yogurt, or salsa, if desired
- Brown ground beef or turkey; drain fat. Stir in taco seasonings and water. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Prepare salad by layering lettuce, beef mixture, chopped tomatoes, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Top with sour cream, yogurt or salsa, if desired. Ring with tortilla chips.