Tuna Steak Packets & Pasta
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 32 oz chilled water
- 1 lime
- 12 oz tuna steaks
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 8 oz penne pasta (made with vegetables)
- 8 oz light alfredo sauce
- In a pitcher, pour ½ cup of cranberry juice and 32 oz. of chilled water and then add 1 sliced lime. Put in refrigerator to stay cool.
- Defrost 12 oz. of tuna steak(s) by submerging in cold water. (Do not use warm water because it will break up the fat in the fish). Pat dry.
- Cut the tuna steak into 4 equal portions and marinate in 2 cups of cranberry juice for 5-10 minutes.
- While the tuna is marinating, thinly slice 2 carrots and 2 celery ribs and start to bring a pot of water to boil.
- Place one of piece of tuna on a piece of foil and spread carrots and celery evenly over fish. Repeat to make 4 packets. Wrap the packets and bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Discard marinade.
- While the tuna is baking, cook 8 oz. of penne pasta, made with vegetables, according to package directions.
- Remove the tuna packets from the oven and quickly drain the pasta.
- Mix ½ of a 15-16 oz. jar of light or regular Alfredo sauce with the pasta.
- Serve each plate with 1 tuna packet and ¼ of the pasta. Serve ¼ of the cranberry water in a chilled glass with each plate. If desired, serve a big wedge of your favorite melon as dessert.
- Freeze any extra juice in ice cube trays and add the cubes to your glasses of chilled water.