Tuna Tacos + Peach Salsa
- 15 oz. can sliced peaches (drained and chopped)
- 4.25 oz. can green chilies (drained and chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- 2 5 oz. cans tuna (drained and flaked)
- 8 corn or wheat tortillas
- For the peach salsa, drain 1- 15 oz. can of sliced peaches (packed in their own juice). Chop the slices into bite sized pieces and place in a medium bowl. Gently mix in: 1- 4.25 oz. can of green chilies (drained and finely chopped), ¼ cup finely chopped red onion, 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, and ¼ tsp. hot sauce.
- Drain and flake 2- 5 oz. cans of tuna and empty both into the bowl.
- Warm 8 corn or wheat tortillas. Place 1/8th of the tuna on each tortilla. Top with 1/8th of the peach salsa and just a little sprinkle of shredded cheese or a few crumbles of blue cheese. Serve each plate with 2 tacos and a 2 oz. piece of dark chocolate with almonds for dessert.
Tips: For a little more crunch and a bit more volume, try adding finely shredded cabbage or diced jicama to each taco. Try this with your favorite prepared fresh or frozen fish. Believe it or not, the peach salsa is great on chicken.