Twisted Buffalo Strips
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups finely crushed rice crackers
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 medium-size onion
- 6 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Slice 1 lb. of fresh, boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) into 1 inch wide strips.
- Mix ¼ cup of milk, 2 tbsp. of hot sauce and ½ cup of olive oil mayonnaise together in a bowl until well blended.
- Finely crush enough rice crackers (any flavor) to make about ¾ cup of crumbs, and then mix in 1/3 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dip a strip of chicken in the mayonnaise and then the cracker/cheese crumbs. Dip it again in the mayonnaise and then lastly the cracker/cheese crumbs. Place the “double breaded” strip on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled to prevent sticking. Repeat step 4 for the remaining chicken strips.
- Bake the strips (not touching) for 20-25 minutes. Half way through the baking time, turn the strips.
- While the chicken strips are baking, wash and cut three medium-sized potatoes into chunks and dice ½ a medium- size onion. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 tbsp. of water and microwave in a covered dish for 6-8 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, mix 6 oz. of plain non-fat Greek yogurt with 1 tsp. of lime juice and 2 tbsp. of chopped, fresh cilantro. (2 tsp. of dried cilantro can be used instead of fresh cilantro.)
- Serve ¼ of the chicken strips and ¼ of the dipping sauce, with ¼ the potatoes and 4-5 celery and carrot sticks. (For a little more heat, add some hot sauce to the dipping sauce.)
- The dipping sauce can be used as dressing on your favorite salad or in place of sour cream for tacos.
- Use some buffalo chicken strips as a source of protein to top your favorite salad.
- Whole-wheat crackers or panko can be used in place of rice crackers.