Twisted Pasta Salad
- 1 pasta/quinoa salad kit
- 1 medium-sized yellow squash
- 1 green zucchini squash
- 1 can of sliced olives
- 32 oz vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 6-8 oz blueberries
- 4 hot dogs
- Begin cooking the pasta/quinoa salad kit according to package directions.
- While the pasta salad is cooking, wash and dry a medium sized yellow squash and green zucchini squash; and, drain and rinse one can of sliced olives.
- Finish preparing the pasta salad according to package directions and then let cool while the remainder of the meal is prepared.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together 1- 32 oz. container of vanilla flavored Greek yogurt and 6-8 oz. of blueberries.
- Cook 4 hot dogs as desired (boiled or grilled—according to package instructions).
- Add the cut up vegetables and drained, sliced olives to the pasta salad kit.
- On each plate, serve one hotdog in a bun (if desired, warm the buns in the microwave for 8 seconds each) and ¼ of the quinoa pasta salad. Serve the yogurt/berries in a small bowl.
- Experiment mixing in your favorite vegetables and carry the pasta salad to your next office party or picnic.
- If hot dogs are not your thing, substitute a grilled hamburger made with 90 percent lean ground beef on a whole wheat bun.
- Cook a frozen stir-fry blend of vegetables and mix into the salad kit and serve warm with your favorite type of lean beef.