Veggie Pizza and Sliced Kiwi
- 8-10 fresh mushrooms
- 14-16 oz family-sized crust
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6-8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 4 kiwis
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- While the oven is preheating, wipe 8 - 10 fresh mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean them; then, thinly slice.
- When the oven comes to temperature, place the family sized (14 - 16 oz.) crust on a baking sheet and then in the oven for about 3 minutes to crisp the crust a bit. 3. Remove the crust from the oven and top it with ½ to ¾ cup of sauce (be careful as the pan and the crust will be hot); then, top with 6 - 8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Finish topping the pizza with the mushrooms and drained pineapple tidbits.
- Bake pizza in the oven for about 8 - 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. While the pizza is cooling, peel and slice 4 kiwis.
- Cut the pizza into 4 equal portions and top each portion with a fresh basil leaf. Serve a portion of the pizza and one kiwi on each plate.
- To make your own sauce, mix together a 14 - 15 oz. can of tomato sauce with a 6 oz. can of paste and season, to taste, with garlic powder and dry Italian seasoning.
- For a chunkier sauce use drain stewed tomatoes in place of the tomato sauce.
- Use whole-wheat pizza crust to increase the nutritional value of your pizza.
- Purchase an extra crust or 2 mini crusts to use up the extra sauce and experiment with your favorite veggies for toppings.